2009. április 24., péntek

The First Competition of the Year

It's the second half of April and we're playing tennis outdoors again. I'm very happy about this because it means that we can spend more time on the court and that competitions begin. The first amateur competition will be held tomorrow where I'm going to play doubles with Dalma.

Now, I'd like to play a little game with myself. I'll write down what results I expect to have and we'll see if I was right.

The things I should take into account are:
  • It's going to be only our 3rd competition we enter, so we don't have much experience, whereas the other pairs, most of whom are older than us, do have routine
  • I'm always very nervous at all kinds of competitions which influences my game in a bad way and if we have a little audience, I get more anxious even
But
  • We played many matches in the last few months and I think we're getting used to it, and we improved somewhat tecnically as well
  • Not only we're getting used to playing matches, but to playing together with Dalma, so we know each other's game well and can help each other on the court
  • Among the other pairs there are mid-aged women who are not as fast as we are, and some of them didn't learn tennis from an official trainer, which means their technique is not so good
Considering all this, I'd say that we'll win a match or two but have little chance to win the whole competition. I don't know how many pairs will participate yet, but
  • if about 5, we'll be around the 3rd
  • if about 10, we'll be around the 5th or 6th placing
Somewher in the middle that is.

So that's my guess.
We'll see the results soon.

1 megjegyzés: